What is The President’s Volunteer Service Award?
In 2003, the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation founded the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to recognize the important role of volunteers in America’s strength and national identity. This award honors individuals whose service positively impacts communities in every corner of the nation and inspires those around them to take action, too. The PVSA is awarded to volunteers who have set themselves part from their peers by achieving service milestones in a 12-month period. It is a tremendous honor and allows dedicated volunteers to serve as an example that encourages other to take action. The awards are offered in multiple levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of their service achievements. Levels include bronze, silver, gold. The recipients will receive medal, certificate, and a congratulation letter from the President. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
New Life Christian Alliance Church is honored to be one of the Certifying Organizations.
Volunteer Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least five years old
- Must complete eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- Must be unpaid acts of volunteer service benefitting others
- Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award*, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
- Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility
Eligible Service does not include
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
Hours Required to Earn Awards in Each Age Group
|Age Group||Bronze||Silver||Gold||Lifetime Achievement Award*|
|Kids (5-10 years old)||26-49 hours||50-74 hours||75+hours||4,000 + hours|
|Teens (11-15)||50-74 hours||75-99 hours||100+ hours||4,000 + hours|
|Young Adults (16-25)||100-174 hours||174-249 hours||250+ hours||4,000 + hours|
|Adults (26+)||160-249 hours||250-499 hours||500+ hours||4,000 + hours|
* The Lifetime Achievement Award is not available to be awarded at this time.
- Complete the “New Life Action Application Form.” Contact Pastor Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the “New Life Action PVSA Log Sheet”. Eligible service hours are from August 1 till the next year July 31.
- New Life Action Committee will review all the required documentation and the eligible hours
- New Life Action Committee will request the award package for the qualified volunteers and announce the result on the New Life Alliance Church website https://nlcac.org/
Please email email@example.com for any inquiry.